Monday, January 13, 2014

Love at First Sight... and maybe Prince Charming?

Oh the irony of life! So in the last little bit I have had more experience causing me to think about this whole love at first sight thing... namely I have had a coworker who has known me for all of a week just up and tell me today that he wants to date me! What the?! Anyway so Belle and I were chatting about it and how we've had guys just decide they liked us after knowing us for super short time frames and I made the comment that it seems like within the first 5 seconds you are either in or out.

This is where we realized that perhaps guys are programmed to believe in that... consciously or subconsciously. Belle made the observation that perhaps it is like how girls are indoctrinated to believe in the whole idea of Prince Charming. That actually makes sense. I asked one of my really good guy friends and he thinks it is learned as well, except his idea is that it is learned because that is what they think girls want to hear.... this has all become much more interesting than I thought! I wonder if anyone has really thought this through....

No comments:

Post a Comment