Monday, November 25, 2013

Introductions anyone?

There was a girl...

I am Meg, or well I've decided to be Meg, because I just think she is awesome and I can relate to her. I am 25, single, super independent and live in a strong LDS cultured area. I am no stranger to the reminders about how I am not getting any younger and encouraging "don't give up" comments when I tell people I am single and am not currently attached to anyone. I have learned to just giggle to myself about it now and think how odd we must be to people in other parts of the world... like Switzerland. Obviously I am on the search for my prince charming, but I think he might be lost at the moment. haha

 I like to think I am a pretty regular girl, but have recently been described as quirky on more than one occasion. It may or may not be because I tend to have weird habits and strange desires such as making my car smell like an attractive man... always. I stalk the car parts store to get my favorite air freshener trees, because it is the only place I can find them. Have you ever smelled the "passion" air freshener trees?! So good! Yes, I know that is weird. No, it's quirky! On another note... I have an addiction to Nachos (my roommate can attest to this), music (favorite as of late is the band He Is We) and homemade chocolate chip cookies (let's be honest, who doesn't love them). I love to work out and get in touch with my inner child... sometimes my inner adult. Depends on the day. I am strong in my faith so there will be pieces of that in my posts, but not an overwhelming amount. I tend to over analyze practically everything in dating and I also seem to jump on it when a guy I like shows interest. It is really messed up and I realize it is a problem therefore I'm trying to self help... publicly. Weird. You'll learn more about me as my posts go on this was just my off-the-top-of-my-head intro. Better than most guys get on dates!

ANYWAY.... my roommate has claimed the character Belle. I feel like she fits it well enough and she is helping me with this blog a bit so I am going to intro her today as well. We've been friends for a really long time! We understand each other's weird humor. So a little about my roommie: She is also 25, single and independent. She likes to read... a lot. Like Belle. She is super nice and puts up with my random shananigans. She also loves the air fresheners in my car and has asked me if she will always think of my car when she encounters a good smelling man in real life. It's hard to say, but quite possible! She is a proud introvert (as in not ashamed of her introvertedness, not like a social recluse that thinks she is too good for anyone. Sorry. Felt I should clarify) and I think she will give another great perspective on this little blogging experiment. She is very observant and knows LOTS of cool things... and really random things. REALLY random things. She will be joining in on a lot of these posts mainly because, well... she lives with me and that limits her choice in the matter. ;)

And of course I mentioned a couple of guys in the last post and feel that perhaps I should give them each small intros because at least one of them will pop up in the future I am sure. Where to start though... hmmm. How bout with Mr. Player whom will be known as Pan from here on out because if you go back and watch Peter Pan you will realize what a player he really is! :) This guy dated me ish for all of two weeks kissed me and then again and again and then a few days later in a little chat told me he just "wasn't feeling it." Coulda fooled me! I guess kissing more than once doesn't necessarily mean anything... that's confusing. I always fall for the wrong guys just because they are pretty and fun, but then I see them after flirting with anything girl that moves and I wonder where my brain went! They might be nice guys too, this one was for the most part. He just happens to be a big flirt as well. In the end though I am glad he was up front with me fairly early on so I don't have to waste too much time on someone who doesn't really care. That is something to be grateful for!

The other one was a creeper guy, we'll call him Frollo... (Hunchback. Watch it and you'll understand). Anywho I thought this guy was awkwardly cute until hanging out with him a couple of times and him just attacking me. That was a huge turn off, because it felt to me that he was only in it for physical stuff (Mormon style of course! AKA cuddling hand holding, kissing... the G rated stuff.) I tried to give him another chance and yet again got attacked! He wasn't into the G-rated cuddling and was always pushing for more even when I told him no. At one point I had to literally cover my mouth with my hand to show him I was serious. That also gave me a good out that night. More recently though the fuel to my fire for this blog was that he had texted me about something else and then was trying to get me to come over and cuddle with him all in the name of his "needs." I called him out on his attempt at a bootie call and he didn't even deny it! I was shocked and disgusted. That confirmed what I originally thought about this guy and made me sick. I am not that kind of girl, I do not dress nor act in such a way that would give that impression.

Then I began to wonder if maybe I do... Obviously something I am doing is not working out and then it came to me. These guys barely put in any work at all before I cuddle with them. Kissing me for Pan wasn't that much work either, so as much as I hate it I guess I need to play hard to get... ugh. So that shall be lesson #1- make em work for it!

who learned that the best things in life aren't free and take lots of work...

No comments:

Post a Comment